Sample Text

Powered by Blogger.
 

Monday 11 March 2013

Kobayashi to race Ferraris'

Kamui Kobayashi. Source: BBC

Former Sauber F1 driver Kamui Kobayashi has today, (11th March, 2013) agreed a deal to race in the Ferrari World Endurance Championship.

Kobayashi will join former Ferrari F1 driver Giancarlo Fisichella in the GTE Pro Class, racing Ferrari 458 Italia models'.

The Japanese, 26, will represent the factory AF Corse team during the eight-event campaign, hi co-driver is expected to be announced later this week.

On agreeing a deal to race for Ferrari Kobayashi said:


"It's an honour for me to become part of the Ferrari family. I will work hard and give my all in this new chapter of my career.

"I can't wait to start working with AF Corse and really hope I can aim for the title."

Unfortunate to miss out on a race seas in Formula One this year, Kobayashi thanked his fans and reaffirmed his commitment to seeking a 2014 drive, he said:

 "I am not able to secure the seat with a competitive F1 team for 2013. I have to admit that it is very sad and I feel sorry for fans and Japanese companies who supported me. But I am still confident to make it happen in 2014."

Kobayashi built himself a reputation as a 'loose cannon' in Formula One and his on-track antics will surely be missed.

Here are some of his most memorable moments in Formula One.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
The DRS zone F1 © 2011 DheTemplate.com & Main Blogger. Supported by Makeityourring Diamond Engagement Rings

The DRS Zone F1 created by Ben Kelbrick